So, I have reached that stage
You know the one. The one where your current painting looks like
crap as it is only half way through and you cannot wait to either finish it or burn it! So I am taking a breather , mainly to stare it down, to scrutinize the work and hopefully figure out where I need to focus next.
This is a different variation on a poured painting. First I soaked the Aquabord. Then instead of just pouring the paint on, I was very deliberate in the placement of the colour. Then I used my trusty spray bottle to create vertical interest by pulling the colours down the surface.
I used so much water that I soaked two bath towels. Once I was satisfied with the amount of colour and the effect. I let it dry overnight. The next step is more painting directly wet into dry. This stage is going to take quite awhile. The weeping mulberry will take a fair amount of time - I think I will paint the mourning doves (otherwise known as turtle doves) last.